Time to Get Your Money Back. Join a Credit Union.
What’s In It For You? Credit unions…
- Help you save, borrow and access your money just like you would at a bank—most have all the same services that banks have (but with better deals for you)!
- Let you keep more of YOUR money with lower fees and better rates!
- Improve members’ live and communities with consumer-friendly products and financial education.
- Follow safe investment practices and lend responsibly.
- Are NOT owned by stockholders or controlled by out-of-town corporate offices…they are owned by the members like you who have accounts there!
- Are governed by a volunteer board of directors, elected by its membership. Any member may pursue a spot on a board or committee.
Most Credit Unions Offer…
- Credit cards with low or no annual fees and low interest rates.
- Direct deposits, payroll deduction, ACH and wire deposits – many work right with your employer for faster posting of pay.
- Financial education and counseling services.
- Higher dividend rates on savings accounts, term certificates of deposit, IRAs, and money market accounts.
- Low-cost or free checking with low or no minimum balance requirements.
- Low interest rates on mortgages, home equity loans or lines of credit, and vehicle and personal loans.
- Access to ATMs and nationwide ATM networks for free withdrawals.
- Easy access to your money with online banking, bill payer, mobile banking, and e-statements.
There’s a Credit Union for Everyone
Join a credit union near where you live, work or worship. You may be eligible to join one or more credit unions based on your:
- Family members who already use a credit union
- Geographic area of your home or work
- Place of worship
- Membership in an organization